|Nom Nom Nom!|
Make this Broccoli-Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Creamy Turkey Bacon Sauce and you will not regret it- and neither will your waistline. Not only is this stand alone dish on the light side of hearty, but it is so much easier than it looks. The best part- this delicious meal is relatively low in calories (around 352/serving!)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 small chicken breasts (120 cal. ea.)
- 1 head fresh broccoli (25 cal)
- 2 slices light Swiss cheese (60 cal. ea.)
- 4 strips turkey bacon (32 cal/slice)
- 1/4 c. fat free milk (20 cal.)
- 1/4 c. chicken broth (pretty much no calories)
- 1 clove minced garlic (2 if you are like me and LOVE garlic) (5 cal./clove)
- Cavender’s Greek Seasoning (0 cal.)
- 2 tbsp. light sour cream (40 cal.)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil/olive oil (120 cal.)
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- toothpicks (to hold chicken together)
- Chop the head of fresh broccoli and toss with a pinch of salt. This allows the broccoli to sweat. Steam for about 2 minutes in a steamer or steamer basket. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop in turkey bacon and cook until slightly crispy. Remove from heat and let cool on a paper towel. Once cooled, chop bacon. Keep pan warm.
- Trim fat from chicken breasts. Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound (with a mallet, skillet, or whatever) to 1/4″-1/2″ thick. Season each side with a dash of salt, pepper, and Cavender’s Greek seasoning. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each breast, and the steamed broccoli on top of the cheese. Roll chicken (with the help of the plastic wrap if needed) and secure with toothpicks. Place chicken rolls in the warm skillet with the leftover oil from the bacon on medium. Cover for 10-15 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally to brown each side. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic, bacon, and chicken broth to the skillet. Deglaze the delicious bits from the chicken off the bottom, and once warm, add the milk and sour cream. Whisk and reduce to a gravy texture.
- Pour turkey bacon sauce over the chicken and serve hot.